Friday 14 April 2017

Short Version Of My Impressions.

14/04/2017

Yesterday, I told myself to make future post that concerned with the topic of my first impression against anything that I had just recently saw these past few days/months/weeks. To make it much lesser of being a completely and utterly painful experience for the sake of dear lazy me, I'm just gonna do a quick first impressions (I guess most first impressions are always seems hasty since it's like a short insight into things and doesn't meant to be constructed in great length) against the anime that I had saw in this new season, plus I'm in the mood for movie watching tonight. The film is called Unknown, released in 2011 and starring Liam Neeson as he starred as a man that apparently had lost his identity, which were stolen by someone else and not even his wife believes in his allegation. And so on, Liam Neeson's character must work with this one woman in order to get back into his own life. It's a really intriguing synopsis I must say, and I'm hoping to enjoy the movie as well.

I had watched quite a handful of titles this season, such as Tsuki ga Kirei, Shingeki no Kyojin S2 (of course), Rokudenashi no bastard teacher, Re;Zero Kara Hajimeru, Sakura Quest, Hinako Note and..I guess that's about it. It ain't that much still, but I'm planning on catching up with other title as well. As for now, I'm just gonna write a little thing or two about these aforementioned title down below.

 (Spoiler warning, of course.)
Tsuki ga Kirei is apparently about the tale of a classic romance route, in which where a boy meet a girl in middle school and started developing infatuation between one another. It's not exactly something like Ore Monogatari where the couple would confessed their fondness in approximately 3 episodes, which I would guess that this new anime isn't going to be following that path if it's currently progressing through a very slow motion like it is now, hence why I brought up the classic route thingy. Even though that this title doesn't seems to be designed to bring in something new to the romance plate, the pace it is going at the moment is proven to be an excellent choice, since middle school students aren't likely to be falling in love simply with an embarrassed look here and there whenever they've stared into someone else, as it's the usual age where kids would begin experiencing puberty and puberty itself can be some tough time to go through. The show is really solid, with a catchy opening but an even more amazing ending song, which has netted me as fan. Needless to say, the realistic depiction of pretty much everything in it is outstanding and I'm looking forward to watch more of what the show could offer.

Shingeki no Kyojin season 2 started off right away at the ending point of the first season that was made way back then in 2013. The long awaited sequel however is only gonna be produced with 12 episodes at this time, and I'm suspecting that Wit Studio is spending their resources to work on the Kabaneri films and sequel, alongside the 24 episodes planned Mahou Tsukai no Yome tv series. I'm not particularly disappointed with the choice to lessened the episode count to be honest, as it gave the studio more chance to work on other titles and I'm positively believe that the 3rd season of SnK would arrive much sooner than expected due to the studio's action. There's not much to be said about Attack on Titan, as it has always been an amazing manga and an brilliant adaptation.

Rokudenashi no bastard teacher, or whatever the original title is that I couldn't be bother to really give a shit about, is an anime about this young teacher that had been forced to teach students in an academy that taught its residents to master the usage of magic. It's a work that spawned from the collection of the most hated anime genre of all time, harem battle academy romance comedy or blablabla. Personally, I have mild interest with these kind of shows as well because I'm not a fan of a boy getting all the girls that hungered for his dick or romance kind of thing in general but I don't hate it unlike most members of the anime communities out there. I'd decided to take a look at Rokudenashi because of the change in the original formula, being that it's about a teacher this time, instead of being about some random guy that were forced to learn in an all girl school or some shit. I am pleasantly surprised by how great the show has been doing for me, and I'm a great fan of this dumbass teacher already, albeit I'm still hoping that this show wouldn't fall into a harem category. The world from which this show belonged to is gritty, with wars and deaths implied to be occurring on a few occasions there and then. The second episode had an attempted rape scene against one of the two main female cast, generated quite a bit of disturbing moment for me but the scene was also played as a comedy when its about to get even darker, due to the sudden arrival of someone. I don't have nothing against trying to lightened up the chaotic mood with a dumbass joke but I could see some people out there that would probably felt offended by how they are downplaying a rape scene. You can't pleased everyone.

Zero Kara Hajimeru is a fantasy set inside a turmoil filled world of magic and witchcraft. It has similarity with White Fox's ultra famous 2016 show in term of title, Re;Zero Kara Hajimeru no (whatever) and that's why I was making reference to it by the second part of this blog post. So, some dude is a white tiger like creature with a human built body, and hated witches that were usually captured, killed, crucified and burned by the church's people in that anime. He's also were hunted by them witches that he hated due to reasons that I had forgotten about. I liked the anime since its not your usual looking protagonist and the main heroine also have an outstanding capability in her magical prowess, sporting a delightful personality as well. There's not much that I could say about the show but I'm a strong fan of it for now.

Sakura Quest is an anime from P.A Works, and needless to say I'm enjoying it plenty, like most of the studio's works. It's like a parody of the standard old dungeon and dragon games or the zelda games, except with a single creature called chupacabra that's only a costume and had a king that is not of the royal bloodlines. It's an anime that took on the theme of tourism, with the materials in question are concerning the act of rising an old town to its once splendid environment with ye olden video game theme. I can see this anime being boring for so many people out there since it is realistically depicted, but that's how Shirabako started like and look where it is now.

Hinako's Note is a funny slice of life that I'm a huge fan of, since I'm a sucker for slice of life things. To be honest, I don't really have much opinion on this, though I'm really enjoying it.

I'm kinda getting sleepy now and I'm still haven't eat so there's bound to be lesser words as this post kept progressing. I might be able to work out a lot more longer stuff in the future but this is it for today. Good night to myself and any anonymous reader out there. Should really watch that damn movie now.       

0 comments:

Post a Comment